The Leonard and Phyllis Attman Competitive Business Prize Competition provides seed funding for Innovative New Business Ventures. A total of $3,250 in seed funding, up to $16,000 gifts-in-kind professional services and rent free office space will be awarded.
1. Open to all current University of Baltimore students or recent alumni:
2. All applicants must have equal or majority equity stake in the company.
3. The judges reserve the right to disqualify entries at their discretion.
4. No entry fee and only one category.
5. Entrants can be an individual or team.
6. Participants can have only one entry (as an individual or a member of a team).
7. Application revisions accepted until deadline (Oct. 14, 2018, 11:55 p.m.).
8. Businesses have to be: (a) Good financial standing with the State of Maryland; and, (b) Hold a Federal ID (EIN) number. (Apply here if you need one.)
9. Application consists of: (a) the online entry application (via Reviewr); (b) a one minute pitch YouTube video; and, (d) an executive summary (not more than four pages).
No more than five (5) members.
Entrants may not join more than one team.
All teams must be formed on or before the time of entry.
Number of team members may not decrease or increase after application deadline.
Teams can consist of a combination of students, alumni, and others (combo teams); however, a combo team and team members can have only one entry and the principal must be a UB student or UB alumni holding equal or majority equity stake in the company.
Cash prizes will be evenly divided and paid to each individual team member.
Competition Prizes Breakdown
First Place $2,500
Second Place $500
Crowd Favorite $250
Judges will review revised Executive Summary prior to the “Live” event.
Each finalist is required to pitch their New Business Ventures before a panel of judges on November 13, 2018. This constitutes the Final Presentation.
Finalists that do not present at the live pitch final round will automatically be disqualified.
The judge’s decisions are final. The audience, at the live competition, will select the winner of the Crowd Favorite award by a straw vote.
The value of in-kind business services, incubator space and equipment cannot be redeemed for cash value.