St Charles County Demo Day is an entrepreneurship contest organized by the EDC Business and Community Partners of St Charles and hosted by OPO Startups. The competition is for a total of $50,000 (equity-free) plus in-kind services and prizes.
- 1st place, $25,000
- 2nd place, $10,000
- People's Choice Award, $5,000
- The judge's have $10,000 to allocate
Finalist will pitch live on November 8 in a Shark Tank-style format to judges and a live audience.
All finalist will be provided space at the Startup Connection Showcase. First and Second place winners will be acknowledged and the Judge's Choice Award will be announce.
St Charles County Demo Day Rules
STC Demo Day is a local competition for aspiring entrepreneurs seeking investment in their product or service related business.
Do you have a business plan and need funds to execute it? Is your startup in the fundraising stage? Does your new business need investment to reach the next level?
Application entries open August 23, 2017 and close October 1, 2017. The top 5 selected entries will be notified by October 18 to compete live at the STC Demo Day at OPO Startups on November 8.
Each finalist will be given 8 minutes to present their ideas to a live audience and answer judge’s questions. The top two presenters will be awarded 1st and 2nd place prizes.
• U.S. legal residents, age 18 and older
• not related to EDC or OPO Startups staff or any judges
• use prize money for outlined business development purposes only
• not franchises
• will be available to present at STC Demo Day on November 8
• must complete the application by October 1
• will be included in press releases and social media
• be an active business under $250,000 in revenue
Every industry sector is eligible, but the business must be new or early stage with a clearly defined business plan, researched audience and scalability.
• 15 page or less presentation in Power Point or Keynote
• 25 pages or less business plan in PDF
• 1 page statement of financial projections or revenue.
• Essays limited to one page each answering
o why we should select you
o what will you do with the money
o where do you see your business in 2 years
o what will be your impact on the local economy
Email questions to MeganM@opostartups.com