2021 SEAComm Awards
You’ve spent the past two-plus years writing incredible stories, planning and executing successful campaigns, and designing incredible graphics and publications, much of it during a worldwide pandemic. Consider submitting that outstanding work for a SEACOMM Communications Award and possibly be recognized at our awards banquet this January in San Diego, Calif.
- Choose from two divisions: Communications Management and Communications Skills.
- Communications professionals will review entries and provide feedback.
- Members may submit only one entry per category (e.g. Only one “Best Video” entry, not three different videos within the same category)
- Entries must be submitted electronically, http://bit.ly/SEAComm2021, by midnight on Nov. 1.
- Judging for Communication Management entries is based on the rubric provided to the judges, with the work plan/narrative and the work sample carrying equal weight.
- Judging for Communication Skills entries is based on the rubric provided to the judges, which includes, but is not limited to, the work sample’s creativity and professional execution.
SEACOMM Awards Program
The State Education Association Communicators (SEAComm) Awards Program is a national competition for communications professionals involved in the conception, writing, design, production, and implementation of print, visual, audio, web, programs, and campaigns for state affiliates of the National Education Association.
Recognizing the diversity among NEA state affiliates, especially in their size and resources, the SEAComm Awards honor the professionalism of members in the areas of communications management and skills.
All members of State Education Association Communicators, (except NEA staff and retired staff, per SEAComm bylaws), who have paid dues by Oct. 25, may enter their work in the 2020 Awards Program. NEA staff are eligible to submit an entry, in conjunction with a state affiliate, for the NEA-State Collaboration Award in the Communications Management division.
A current or former SEAComm member must have had major responsibility for the entry submitted. The assistance of other organizations, agencies, individuals, or departments in the project must be noted.
Entries must have been published between April 1, 2019, and Sept. 30, 2021.
If you have any questions, contact Sarah Antonacci, SEACOMM Vice President, at 217-321-2303 / firstname.lastname@example.org, or Keoki Kerr, SEAComm Member-at-Large, at 808.840.2254 / email@example.com.