In 2016, 14 awards of $1,500 each (for freshman year only) were presented.
- At least one parent, grandparent, sibling, or step-parent must be a graduate (undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D. or J.D.) of Florida State University and a current dues-paying member of the FSU Alumni Association*.
- Scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to Florida State.
- Awards are made only to accepted freshman students.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the scholarship award:
- Online Application
- Authorization to Release Information
- Release to use photo/quotes for promotional purposes
*If one is not currently a member, you can join online. If your family member is a current student, they can join the Student Alumni Association (SAA).
- Written Essay (prompt is included on application)
- Academic Merit – GPA and Academic Awards (use weighted GPA)
- Need-based – Expected Family Contribution (EFC) numbers considered
- Community Service/extracurricular activities