Need to know.
- Project ideas are welcome and encouraged from any area/discpline on campus
- Check out the Madison Trust website for program and project history.
- Know who needs to approve your project idea (it will generally be a Dean/AVP and Provost/Vice President)
- 10 finalists will be selected to present at the Madison Trust event on Friday, February 16, 2018.
- Funding awarded from Madison Trust is one-time funding; it is not meant to be budget relieving, and is separate from the annual budget initiative process.
- Proposals should focus on innovation and creativity, providing a new opportunity to fund pioneering ideas.
- Finalists will have the opportunity to create 2-3 minute video that will be used for post-event messaging and crowfunding opportunities. View 2017 project examples.
Mark your calendar.
Below are the important dates for the Madison Trust proposal process.
Friday, June 30: Madison Trust 2018 Proposals live
Tues., Sept. 12: Madison Trust Informational Session**
Alleghney Room (Festival)
Wed., Sept. 13: Madison Trust Informational Session**
Madison Union, 406
**info sessions will be identical
Wednesday, Oct. 25: Submission deadline for Madison Trust 2018
- Completed submissions will be sent for final approval to your respective Dean/Assistant Vice President as listed in your proposal.
- If approved, your proposal will automatically move on to be reviewed by investor-judges and JMU Senior Leadership.
Friday, Nov. 17: Finalists notified
- Finalists will be required to present their proposal during the Madison Trust event on Friday, February 16, 2018.
- Finalists should also plan to attend the Presenter's Orientation and Dress Rehersal as listed below.
***Dates below are for Madison Trust Finalists only***
Week of Dec. 11/Jan 8: Presenter's Orientation
- Dates will finalized late summer/early fall
- Choose one date as sessions will be identical
Week of Jan. 22: Dress Rehersal and Filming
Friday, February, 16, 2018 MADISON TRUST PRESENTATIONS