Project ideas are welcome and encouraged from any area/discpline on campus; projects budgets should be between $2,500 and $25,000.
- Proposals should focus on innovation and creativity, and on providing a new opportunity to fund pioneering ideas.
- Know who needs to approve your project idea (usually a Dean/AVP and Provost/Vice President).
- Submit your proposal by November 30, 2021.
Check out the Madison Trust website for program and project history, as well as to register for either of our two faculty preparation and information sessions in early September. (If these dates have passed and you need assistance prior to our submission deadline of Nov. 30, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to help.)
Completed submissions will be sent for final approval to your Dean/Assistant Vice President as listed in your proposal. If approved, your proposal will automatically move on to be reviewed by investor-judges and JMU Senior Leadership. Ten (10) finalists will be selected to present at the Madison Trust event on Friday, March 11, 2022. Funding awarded from Madison Trust is one-time funding; it is not meant to be budget relieving, and it is separate from the annual budget initiative process. Finalists will have the opportunity to create a short video that will be used for post-event messaging and crowfunding opportunities.
Mark your calendar. Below are the important dates for the Madison Trust proposal process.
- Sept. 17, Friday: Madison Trust 2022 proposal portal is open for submissions.
- Nov. 30, 2021, Tuesday: Submission deadline for Madison Trust 2022
- Dec. 17, 2021, Friday: Finalists notified
Finalists will be required to present their proposal during the Madison Trust event on Friday, March 11, 2022. Finalists should also plan to attend the Presenter's Orientation and Dress Rehersal as listed below.
***Dates below are for Madison Trust Finalists only***
- Presenter Workshops: Mid-January 2022, TBD based on finalists' schedules
- Open Session Workshops: Mid-February 2022, TBD based on finalists' schedules
- Dress Rehearsals: Feb. 24 and 25, 2022, times TBD based on finalists' schedules
- MADISON TRUST PRESENTATIONS: March 11, 2022 (times TBA)