Up to 15 nonprofit leaders will be selected to participate in the Fast Pitch program. Applicant organizations must meet the following requirements:
Nonprofit organization – Applicants must have their designation from the IRS as a 501c3 organization or fiscal sponsorship.
Location – Nonprofits must be located in, and serve, the greater Chicagoland area.
Presenter – Individuals presenting on behalf of their organization must hold the title of executive director, CEO, president, founder or senior development officer (or a comparable role).
Size –There are no restrictions on size, budget or age of the organization. Applying organizations must have at least one full-time equivalent employee.
Cost – There is no fee to participate in the program or for finalists who present at the event.
- Organizations that have applied for the Fast Pitch program in the past but were not selected to participate in the two-month program may reapply.
- Organizations that have pitched in a prior SVP Chicago Fast Pitch final showcase event will not be considered with the same participant.
- Prior applicants for SVP’s investment cycles may apply except that past or current SVP investees will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to participants and organizations that have not participated in the past.
Applications are rated based on:
- Approach: The organization’s approach to solving the problem is novel and unique.
- Potential: The organization’s potential for impact is great.
- Inspirational: The organization is exciting and inspiring.
- Compelling: The presenter’s rationale for participating in Fast Pitch is compelling.
Submitting this application indicates that you are available to participate in all Fast Pitch events including the orientation, practice pitches and showcase (should you be a finalist).
Orientation - February 25 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Practice Pitch 1 - March 3 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Practice Pitch 2 - March 17 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Practice Pitch 3 - March 31 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Showcase event - April 21 6:00pm - 8:30pm
Your SVP Chicago Fast Pitch application constitutes your consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded, and to any use, in any and all media for SVP Chicago, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose in connection with this event. By submitting this application, you release SVP Chicago, its employees, and any outside third party interests from any claims of liability in connection with your participation in the production of these photographs or recordings.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.