The Gen2Gen Encore Prize offers $100,000 to programs, products, and services that bring the talents of people over 50 to help kids who need champions.
Who should apply?
The Gen2Gen Encore Prize is open to individuals and ventures from all sectors (nonprofit, government, for profit), all ages and all backgrounds. Got a creative idea? We encourage you to apply!
How much is at stake?
We’ll award a total of $100,000 in prize money. We’ll name five finalists. A panel of expert judges will award one finalist $50,000; the other four will win $10,000 each. At a live pitch event this fall, the audience will select one of the five finalists for an additional $10,000 prize.
How and when to apply?
The application period will open April 16 and close May 25. On April 16, applicants can access The Encore Prize Accelerator, a digital platform providing tips, learning videos, and other resources to help applicants complete their submissions. Preview the Gen2Gen Encore Prize application questions.
What will be evaluated?
Applicants will be judged on the following seven criteria:
- Innovation. New approach or critical improvement to existing models.
- Encore Fit. Use of the talents of people 50+ in well-designed roles.
- Youth Fit. Serving an urgent or timely need for a specific population of youth.
- Capacity. A team with the track record or partnerships needed to launch, develop and grow new programs or products.
- Scalability or Replicability. Potential of the idea to grow and produce significant social change.
- Financial Model. Clear plan for financial sustainability.
- Diversity. Ability to engage diverse communities of adults 50 and older.
For more details visit: iamgen2gen.org/encoreprize